Friday, January 21, 2011

Revamping

What is it about fashion that interests me so much? I really don’t know how to answer that question. I have heard that people who are good at math and science are usually good at art. I enjoy math and have been trying different things through out my childhood to find the art activity that is my calling. I have yet to find it. Maybe its fashion? It could be.

Today I was sitting at the lunch table and realized that I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up. This is a pretty scary thought, especially because I’m leaving for college in seven months. I asked the people around me what they see me doing after college. Every one of them said “something in fashion” without a single hesitation. I have been debating on getting a degree in fashion for quite some time, although I know it can’t be a very stable career. But if you make it- you make it big.

What if I’m no good at fashion? What if I completely fail? This is going to be my first start. I started this blog as a school project, being interested in clothes and shopping, thinking I could never break into the fashion industry. As I search more and more fashion blogs I realize that fashion is what you make it. You’re only bad if you don’t believe in yourself. Since it’s an industry in the arts, you are allowed to do what you want.

After having this realization I decided to make a pact with myself. I am going to make my blog better and do my best to start a career with my favorite hobby; fashion. I think my blog posts were so blah before because I didn’t have faith in myself. But this is slowly changing. It may take a few months before my posts are interesting to read but who cares? At least I will have something fun to do in my spare time and a place to vent about all the trends I’m in love with (all my friends are tired of it!).

XOXO, PF

ps. promise a real update later today or tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. hi! I just thought i would say hello and not to worry about college too much. you can really honestly do whatever you want (trust me, i was an engineering major now i'm science and i want to do something related to health and/or policy for masters.

    ~Newscutouts from newscutouts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 100% confidence in you, that you can succeed in anything you want, and have fun doing it!!

    ReplyDelete